Accessing Tsplus from Mac with RemoteApp

Get help with installation and setup problems
cmarsura

Accessing Tsplus from Mac with RemoteApp

Post by cmarsura » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi,
I have successfully accessed a test machine from Apple MAC by installing Microsoft Remote Desktop from Apple Store, configuring a connection to a Tsplus server behind a firewall and connecting to it.
I want go a step ahead and connecting from a MAC to the Tsplus web page by using RemoteApp (HTML5 works flawless), but I am unable to connect because Safari says that there’s no app set to open the URL remoteapps://...

Is the connection using RemotApp supported from the MAC world ?
Can I support RemotApp connections from MACs through a reverse proxy setup ?
Can you point to the documentation ?
Same questions apply to other operating system like Linux, Android, ...

Carlo

juwagn
Site Admin

Re: Accessing Tsplus from Mac with RemoteApp

Post by juwagn » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:59 pm

Hello,

the RemoteApp client is Windows only and there is no registered protocol starter for Mac therefore remoteapp:// is unknown there.
TSplus HTML5 and Java web engineer

cmarsura

Post by cmarsura » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:51 am

Can you confirm that there is no way to use a MAC (or a non Windows operating system) based RDP client (no HTML5) to connect exclusively to an infrastructure setup using your Reverse Proxy feature ?

In the affermative case, having only one public IP, the only way to expose several servers in a lan behind a firewall is to NAT different ports to the respective Tsplus application servers ?

Thanks.

juwagn
Site Admin

Post by juwagn » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:29 am

Hello,

there is no way to start "native" clients from browser on other systems than Windows like implemented for Tsplus RemoteApp, that is only what I can confirm.
Outside of browser you can definetively use almost any kind of RDP compatible client when used directly. Theoretically you could use ReverseProxy too but only in one case, if the client supports sending of RDP cookies to server.
RDP cookie is just small string part that gets sent to server with first/initial message.
By mstsc.exe it is easy to add rdp cookie to be sent to server, as example save connection details to file *.rdp, then open that file with Notepad
and add as last line as example
loadbalanceinfo:s:/~~srv1
or
loadbalanceinfo:s:/~~my_server
etc.. also exactly so as you call it by browser http://your_server/~~srv1 or http://your_server/~~my_server etc..
That is default rdp protocol part and should be potentially widely supported by different non Microsoft Windows RDP clients.
However potentially means it is not a must, but I am not expert in third part programs so I can't give you information which third part client supports sending of rdp cookies if one them supports rdp cookies at all.
TSplus HTML5 and Java web engineer