Single Sign On and helpfile issues

Get help with installation and setup problems
GCS_IT

Single Sign On and helpfile issues

Post by GCS_IT » Thu May 11, 2017 10:56 pm

Hello,

First time tester here. Server is a Windows 7 Pro machine, domain member. Installed trial of 10.30.5.8, installation was easy (had to backout and install Java). Published 1 app to a domain group and tested using generated client.
Regenerated client with domain name, so good so far, entered username/password and app launches.

I tried the *SSO and the other options in the help file, and none behaved as described. %USERNAME% literally inserted %USERNAME% at the client. *SSO in the login and password fields resulted in those being blank on the client.

Using the information in the helpfile, again, I tried the *nopassword in the password field. This resulted in a client with a login window asking them for a login and password, and the password masked (what I assume to be a literal *nopassword.

So I'm a bit confused at this point as to how it is supposed to behave, because what I read in the help file is not what I'm seeing.

My goal: I don't want my users to have to enter their domain credentials each time they launch an app from their already logged-in windows machines. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.