Cannot connect via generated client

Get help with installation and setup problems
bobbob

Cannot connect via generated client

Post by bobbob » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:03 am

I cannot connect to my target computer via the generated client. I have checked the ip address, added port forwarding thru the cable co router and have setup tsplus, It just says it cannot connect due to one of 3 reasons. Firewall is turned off.

I am able to connect to port 80 (I renamed to 8081) but then it says "Target RDP server not accessible" and references 127,0,0,1:3389 which seams right to me.

suggestions? :?:

bob

admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot connect via generated client

Post by admin » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:28 pm

Hello,

Your server should be accessible using either port 80/443/3389 depending on your connection method. You can try to connect from the console of the server by launching a mstsc.exe with 127.0.0.2 in the address. If you can connect from the console but not from a remote location please check your router / firewalls to allow traffic.

If your system has connection issues and the above did not work, you will need to check the following :

- Process one reboot to verify if you the issue remains after restarting the system.

- Verify that your TSplus release is not a too old one.
For old release (5.xx and below) the TSplus technology cannot match with the latest version of Windows.

In such case, the solution is to update to the current release of TSplus.

- With the AdminTool, verify the status of your TSplus license.
It is important to know if your issue is related to a TSplus license or to a Windows system problem.

If your current TSplus license is invalid you will need to install the latest TSplus update and activate a new valid one.

Open a windows explorer and locate the license.lic file in the following path C:\Program Files (x86)\TSplus\UserDesktop\files and apply your license again.

- If the above does not correspond to your issue, open a services.msc and make sure the "Application publishing service (APS) is running. If the service is not running then it means another application is conflicting TSplus like skype or teamviewer. You may need to change TSplus port to another one that would be free to use. More information on port changing can be found here : http://support.tsplus.net/kb/faq.php?id=5

You can verify the status of network running services by executing a netstat -na command, any port with the status "Listening" means that the tcp port is currently used by a service.

Regards,
TSplus support team
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

geedee

Post by geedee » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi Bob

I am having a similar issue.

Perhaps try an old Seamless connection client EXE.

My guess is you are attempting to do a RemoteApp client EXE connection? Is that correct?

PS - Is it a Windows 10 PC?

Sean

geedee

Post by geedee » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:44 am

Hey Bob

Any setting changes will not correct your issue.

I built another pair of servers last night and tested.

If Windows 10 is your main TSplus system, you are stuffed!

Cannot correctly use Seamless under Windows 10 due to green screen overlay and RemoteApp just fails to connect.

Windows 10 to Windows 10 is severly impacted. I have a request with support for assistance and a beat if I can.

Will let you know how I go. If you could do the same it would be appreciate.
Cheers
Sean

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:51 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this issue as this works fine on all of my Windows 10 VM. I am using latest TSplus release with latest windows update installed.

The seamless client is not recommended with Windows 10.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

geedee

Post by geedee » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:32 am

Hey Bob

Did you get this resolved. I am still having the same issues.

All other connections test OK but the generated RemoteApp EXE.

Even fails to LOCALHOST????

Replied immediately to support emails but no response as yet. Let me know as 'Support' suggested it has been test but I cannot see there EXEs created to test with and it still dumps...
Logged support details below:

10/31/2016 8:53 am Sean Darcy
Hi John

RemoteApp still fails to connect?

This is both locally and externally.

The Seamless EXE works fine as well and the web based connection.

How did you test? All exes I create connect but fail to establish a connection...

Sean
10/31/2016 8:55 am Sean Darcy
Test EXE can be located here... http://ww1.geedee.com.au/---------.exe
10/31/2016 9:00 am Sean Darcy
NOTE - 127.0.0.2 local test also fail.

Nothing appears to still function.

How was the change tested?

Sean