Problem with RemoteFX VM on Windows 10 Hyper-V

Get help with installation and setup problems
ecsw

Problem with RemoteFX VM on Windows 10 Hyper-V

Post by ecsw » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi

I was able to install Windows 10 Pro as Host OS + HyperV host and then enable RemoteFX 3D adapter and then install Windows 10 as VM which allows Direct3D to run remotely.

However, after I install TSPlus inside the W10 VM and attempt multiple user connections to the VM, It will pop up message inside the first log on instance to either allow new connection or refuse it.
If I allow the connection, original instance will be disconnected.

Does TSPlus allow multiple TS instances with RemoteFX enabled? If so, what version of windows Host/VM was this tested on?

Thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with RemoteFX VM on Windows 10 Hyper-V

Post by admin » Mon May 02, 2016 8:19 am

Hello,

Having this kind of connection issue should not be related to Remote FX.

- Process one reboot to verify if you the issue remains after restarting the system.

-Your server should be accessible using either port 80/443/3389 depending on your connection method. You can try to connect from the console of the server by launching a mstsc.exe with 127.0.0.2 in the address. If you can connect from the console but not from a remote location please check your router / firewalls to allow traffic.

- Verify that your TSplus release is not a too old one.
For old release (5.xx and below) the TSplus technology cannot match with the latest version of Windows.

In such case, the solution is to update to the current release of TSplus.

- In case of incompatible Updates that has been installed on your system, the solution is to download and run the latest update on your server : http://dl-files.com/UpdateRelease.exe

- With the AdminTool, verify the status of your TSplus license.
It is important to know if your issue is related to a TSplus license or to a Windows system problem.

If your current TSplus license is invalid you will need to install the latest TSplus update and activate a new valid one.

Open a windows explorer and locate the license.lic file in the following path C:\Program Files (x86)\TSplus\UserDesktop\files and apply your license again.

- If the above does not correspond to your issue, open a services.msc and make sure the "Application publishing service (APS) is running. If the service is not running then it means another application is conflicting TSplus like skype or teamviewer. You may need to change TSplus port to another one that would be free to use. More information on port changing can be found here : http://support.tsplus.net/kb/faq.php?id=5

You can verify the status of network running services by executing a netstat -na command, any port with the status "Listening" means that the tcp port is currently used by a service.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

ecsw

Post by ecsw » Mon May 02, 2016 5:30 pm

Hi,

Thanks for all the tips but I tried them all.

Firewall are turned off both Host and VM. If I remove RemoteFX 3D adapter, TSPlus will take multiple user connections no problem.
It only stopped working once RemoteFX adapter is added into VM.
TSplus is latest 6.30.

I am still on trial license as I do not want to apply my licenses until I am sure which OS is the best for the RemoteFX as transferring TSPlus license is actually a little hassle sometimes.

Any other thought?
Thanks.
admin wrote:Hello,

Having this kind of connection issue should not be related to Remote FX.

- Process one reboot to verify if you the issue remains after restarting the system.

-Your server should be accessible using either port 80/443/3389 depending on your connection method. You can try to connect from the console of the server by launching a mstsc.exe with 127.0.0.2 in the address. If you can connect from the console but not from a remote location please check your router / firewalls to allow traffic.

- Verify that your TSplus release is not a too old one.
For old release (5.xx and below) the TSplus technology cannot match with the latest version of Windows.

In such case, the solution is to update to the current release of TSplus.

- In case of incompatible Updates that has been installed on your system, the solution is to download and run the latest update on your server : http://dl-files.com/UpdateRelease.exe

- With the AdminTool, verify the status of your TSplus license.
It is important to know if your issue is related to a TSplus license or to a Windows system problem.

If your current TSplus license is invalid you will need to install the latest TSplus update and activate a new valid one.

Open a windows explorer and locate the license.lic file in the following path C:\Program Files (x86)\TSplus\UserDesktop\files and apply your license again.

- If the above does not correspond to your issue, open a services.msc and make sure the "Application publishing service (APS) is running. If the service is not running then it means another application is conflicting TSplus like skype or teamviewer. You may need to change TSplus port to another one that would be free to use. More information on port changing can be found here : http://support.tsplus.net/kb/faq.php?id=5

You can verify the status of network running services by executing a netstat -na command, any port with the status "Listening" means that the tcp port is currently used by a service.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue May 03, 2016 12:22 pm

Hello,

You are using a very old version of TSplus so I would strongly recommend you to update to the latest release first.
Olivier

ecsw

Post by ecsw » Tue May 03, 2016 10:00 pm

You are using a very old version of TSplus so I would strongly recommend you to update to the latest release first.
My mistake on the version. It's 9.20. I updated to 9.30 and it's still giving me the same problem.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed May 04, 2016 1:04 pm

Hello,

A software must be in conflict with TSplus default TCP port 3389 so I would change the port and reboot : http://support.tsplus.net/kb/faq.php?id=5
I should add also that RemoteApp is not known to be supported by TSplus.
Olivier

ecsw

Post by ecsw » Thu May 05, 2016 2:24 am

A software must be in conflict with TSplus default TCP port 3389 so I would change the port and reboot : http://support.tsplus.net/kb/faq.php?id=5
I should add also that RemoteApp is not known to be supported by TSplus.
Port changed to 9833 and I was able to connect just like 3389 but original login will still see a message to log off Image

I am not using RemoteAPP. Simply trying to connect to a VM that has TSPlus installed but with RemoteFX adapter enable on the VM.

Anything else to try? Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 05, 2016 9:59 am

Hello,

Have you tried to reboot your server ? It should solve this issue, otherwise I recommend you to reinstall TSplus.
Olivier

ecsw

Post by ecsw » Thu May 05, 2016 6:03 pm

Have you tried to reboot your server ? It should solve this issue, otherwise I recommend you to reinstall TSplus.
I've actually tried re-boot both host and VM a few times.
I also tried to take the VM to a different host just to make sure it's not the host.
It does exactly the same thing when Host is Windows 2012 R2 and Win10 Pro while the VM is Win10 Enterprise.

rauros

Post by rauros » Mon May 09, 2016 3:10 pm

Hello ecsw
For my work using 3D images.

I had the same problem as you or something similar.
The images could only see in my application when running on a local system, not through TSplus.

The problem really comes from the remote Windows desktop, which does not allow remote execution of 3D.

I saw that Windows solved this problem with RemoteFX tool but only works if you use Hyper-V
Citrix solves these errors with your HDX tool

Consegui finally solve the problem using the opengl32.dll library that has Citrix on Windows but without installing Citrix ....

I do not know if I explained well.

I hope I have been able to help.

Greetings,