Universal printer behaviour with HTML5 client

Get help with installation and setup problems
plastic

Universal printer behaviour with HTML5 client

Post by plastic » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:02 am

Dear guys,

I'm wondering if it's possible to set a preference somewhere to have the universal printer 'always print to default printer' with the HTML5 client.
I have successfully removed the %DEFAULT% setting for the Virtual printer inside printers.bin file, and now it seems the HTML5 client defaults to using the universal printer, which is good, as the virtual printer was rendering some parts of my pdf's incorrectly, whereas the universal printer outputs them fine. But my peeps aren't happy having to click through screens to get a print to happen, as they print a lot.

Otherwise, great product!

Thanks, Mark.

jkuijt

Re: Universal printer behaviour with HTML5 client

Post by jkuijt » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:14 am

plastic wrote:I'm wondering if it's possible to set a preference somewhere to have the universal printer 'always print to default printer' with the HTML5 client.
+1
That would be nice.
Because at this moment, after every TSplus Update Release, you have to change the printers.bin file.

Perhaps an extra setting where you can set one default printer for HTML5 Client:

Set Default Printer (HTML5):
- Virtual Printer
- Virtual Printer with Preview
- Virtual Printer IE Edge
- Universal Printer

Best regards
Jeffrey

plastic

Re: Universal printer behaviour with HTML5 client

Post by plastic » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:03 am

jkuijt wrote: Because at this moment, after every TSplus Update Release, you have to change the printers.bin file.

Perhaps an extra setting where you can set one default printer for HTML5 Client:

Set Default Printer (HTML5):
Thanks Jeffrey, I am too newb to realise I'd have to change printers.bin with each update, so I'd definitely be happy with your suggestion, but I'm actually asking if it's possible in the HTML5 client to replicate the RemoteApp client setting 'Print on the user default printer'. Sorry I had the terminology wrong.