Installing Seamless Client

Get help with installation and setup problems
Fireball

Installing Seamless Client

Post by Fireball » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:21 pm

This is my first look at TSplus and it works well except for the seamless client installation. I am trying to install a seamless TSplus client so the user will have their original desktop and then get an additional shortcut to a published RDP application on a cloud server.

When I create the seamless client on the Windows 7 PC to connect to the Windows Server 2003 std cloud server the client is created ok but when I click on the shortcut nothing happens.
Does the seamless client configuration not work for a 2003 server ?

Any advice would be appreciated. thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Installing Seamless Client

Post by admin » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:40 am

Hello,

The seamless client is used to get transparency for your remote applications, making them appear as if they were installed locally on the client computer. Windows 2003 supports the use of the seamless client, however you should make sure not to publish the remote desktop to your users and prefer the use of the remote taskbar / floating panel : terminalserviceplus.com/docs/remote-taskbar-and-floating-panel

More information about this feature can be found here : terminalserviceplus.com/docs/seamless-connection-client
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

Fireball

Re: Installing Seamless Client

Post by Fireball » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:41 pm

It's working fine now. My problem was the port settings. The VM server I was trying to connect to requires a unique port number. Once I used that it worked as expected.