Universal Printer install - "Unknown user error"

Get help with installation and setup problems
mriffey

Universal Printer install - "Unknown user error"

Post by mriffey » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:52 am

When attempting to run the universal printer install for 7.8, the installer says "Unknown user error" at startup. If you click OK, the installer ends. What is this message about and what should be done to resolve it?

PhpBB does not allow a search for "universal printer" due to the common words search spam prevention feature.

Mark

admin
Site Admin

Re: Universal Printer install - "Unknown user error"

Post by admin » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:29 pm

Hello,

In order to print using the Universal Printer you need to use a generated connection client or the use of TSweb (java or html5)

You will find here a good tutorial on how to print using TSplus : tsplus.net/support/kb/faq.php?id=20
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

mriffey

Post by mriffey » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:27 am

I am using the generated client.

I have printing working via the generated client and the universal printer now.

I never determined why UniversalPrinter.exe fails to install with "Unknown user error".

mriffey

Post by mriffey » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:49 am

BTW, option 2 on that FAQ page did not work until I deleted the XPS printer - even though the Universal Printer was designated as the default printer.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:28 am

Hello,

make sure you do not have activated a group policy that prevents the local disks to be redirected as it can lead to printing issues. If you using adobe acrobat reader on client side then I recommend you to install FoxIt and try again.

If the Universal Printer is shown within the control panel/printer list as “Unavailable” then you need to reinstall it using this link : dl-files.com/Setup-UniversalPrinter.exe AND REBOOT.

Note that the Universal printer is not compatible with the use of CutePDF.

More information about printing issues can be found here : tsplus.net/support/kb/faq.php?cid=4

Regards,
TSplus support team
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator