Trial version

Get help with installation and setup problems
dave02150

Trial version

Post by dave02150 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:49 pm

Hello
When I installed and ran TSplus on an Amazon t1.micro instance, I discovered that the memory overhead doesn't leave a lot of room for the application. (I am testing; I fully expect that I will have to upsize at some point.) In my case, upsizing wasn't quite as easy as the documentation would have you believe, but now I'm on a t2.small instance. Unfortunately, the TSplus trial version realizes that "something" is different and it now says that the trial is over and my only option at this point is to buy. It was originally installed 4 days ago. (Editorial: 15 days is NOT long enough for evaluation unless you've got a dedicated staff and all the clients are ready to get in there and kick the tires. In the case of independent developers, dispersed clients, etc., it's not really a realistic expectation. Microsoft gives 120 days for evaluation of Remote Desktop.) I did try uninstall/reinstall but as expected, it retains the old information and still offers the only option of purchase. I would imagine that this information is buried deep in the registry somewhere and encrypted to the nth degree - I have no time or interest in trying to figure out that particular mess.
Otherwise, is this server hosed? If so, I cannot continue testing the product and I'm not ready to plunk down any cash yet.
Thanks
David

admin
Site Admin

Re: Trial version

Post by admin » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:57 pm

Hello,

TSplus detects changes in hardware and in server name changes, which may generates licensing issues. To prevent this you need to set up the hostname of your server before installing TSplus, having a static mac address on your virtual machine is also recommended.

Now if you wish some extended testing I can provide a new license for you, simply open a support ticket here with the serial number located in the licensing tile of the admin tool.

tsplus.net/support/

Regards,
TSplus support team
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

dave02150

Re: Trial version

Post by dave02150 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:46 am

Thank you, Admin. A support ticket has been created.
Thanks
David