Is it possible to have a "RemoteApp" or "seamless" experience with HTML5?

Share your TSPlus experience ad feedback on mobile platforms using our state of the art HTML5 RDP client!
atrialis

Is it possible to have a "RemoteApp" or "seamless" experience with HTML5?

Post by atrialis » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Hi,

I´m trying TSPlus and liking it a lot.

I wonder if is possible to provide the users a form of entering directly to the only app they would be using in TSPlus from their mobile device, ala RemoteApp publising.

I´ve tried the program parameters in URL and I couldn't make it work in the trial version. I maybe missing something, so, Can yo please direct me to the documentation to do it?

Best regards,

Alejandro Contreras

atrialis

Re: Is it possible to have a "RemoteApp" or "seamless" experience with HTML5?

Post by atrialis » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:40 pm

Yes, I understand it will run in the browser, I'm talking mainly about launching the app.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Hello,

The easiest way of achieving this is simply by publishing and assigning applications to your users and groups.

I recommend you to watch this video to get you started with TSplus : terminalserviceplus.com/videos/start-your-remote-desktop-solution.php

You will find here a documentation on how to publish new applications : terminalserviceplus.com/docs/application-publishing

And how to assign these applications to users : terminalserviceplus.com/docs/assigning-applications-to-users-or-groups
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

atrialis

Post by atrialis » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Thanks for your answer, indeed it's part of what I was looking for.

I found easier and closer to what I want to use web credentials and url parameters to easy the launch of the app. (I have an additional login in the app)

- Client on W10pro64bits trough Ciscoconnect VPN
- Server W2012R2 using AD

I found inconsistent behavior between IE, Mozilla and Chrome, including occasions when sometimes what it´s presented is the whole desktop and not the app, with access to the desktop. I figure I must fine tune users privileges in the server.

I´m impressed with the performance and easy learning curve.

Thanks!

Alejandro Contreras

juwagn
Site Admin

Post by juwagn » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi,

the answer to question if browsers are able to display transparently background of desktop and all programs running behind browsers windows is - no. Browser vendors do not implement such feature due security reason that hackers could irritate users to do unwished actions.
So Seamless/RemoteApp is only possible with native clients...
TSplus HTML5 and Java web engineer