How to Configure Remote Resources

Share your TSPlus experience ad feedback on mobile platforms using our state of the art HTML5 RDP client!
MarkLFT

How to Configure Remote Resources

Post by MarkLFT » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:01 am

I have downloaded the Microsoft Remote Desktop Client for iPad. And using is as a Remote Desktop works pretty well against a TSPlus server.

The one thing I cannot workout is how to get RemoteApp to work. Now I understand from the MS website, that the RemoteApps option is for Azure apps. And Remote Resources is for local Remote Apps. But to use the Remote Resources I need ot know the URL something like https: //server/rdweb.

Can you please explain how I get his to work with a TSPlus server.

What I am try to achieve is, to avoid confusing the staff here, I just want a single icon to access a single program, i.e. what RemoteApp was designed for. I do not want to give them access to a full desktop.

admin
Site Admin

Re: How to Configure Remote Resources

Post by admin » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Hello,

RemoteApp is not supported by Ipad and mac computers. You will be able to remotely connect using an Ipad with your RDP client or using our HTML5 connection client. However having a seamless rendering is available only on Windows computers.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

MarkLFT

Post by MarkLFT » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:58 pm

Many thanks for the reply. However, you didn't answer the question I asked, or was the hidden answer that you cannot do Remote Resources with TSPlus?

I would add that the Azure based RemoteApps work exceedingly well with the Microsoft Remote Desktop for iPad. So I do not think the issue is with the iPad or the TSClient software I am using.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:22 pm

Hello,

It is possible to have allow peripheral redirection in the properties of your RDP client for mac. If you are using TSweb, you can also enable peripheral redirection in the webmaster toolkit located in the admin tool.
However peripheral redirection is not supported with HTML5.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

MarkLFT

Post by MarkLFT » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:56 pm

I think you may have misunderstood what MS's definition of Remote Resources is, it is not about device redirection. Please refer to the notes on RR in http: //technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn473012.aspx#bkmk_RemRes1