Selecting HTML5 when required

Share your TSPlus experience ad feedback on mobile platforms using our state of the art HTML5 RDP client!
stevejarvis

Selecting HTML5 when required

Post by stevejarvis » Tue May 21, 2013 11:41 am

Is there any simple way to detect when the user is connecting from a browser that needs to use HTML5?

I would like to use Javascript and ActiveX for users that connect from a PC (so that the system can access their local drives for uploading files, etc.) but HTML5 for users that connect from iPhone, iPad and Android. I don't want to leave the user to make the selection to make things as simple as possible for them.

I could use IIS and then write something in ASP.NET to do it, but that seems like a lot of work. I would rather stick with the TS Plus web server if possible. Is there a way to do this?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Selecting HTML5 when required

Post by admin » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:51 am

Hello,

What you can do is simply use a direct link to the HTML5 connection page. the html5 is located here : C:\Program Files (x86)\TSplus\Clients\www\software\html5.html

Regards,
TSplus support team
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

DamianS

Post by DamianS » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:06 pm

I tried doing this but get an error:

"Alert! No logon info found!"
Damian C. Stalls
Senior IT Engineer

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:14 pm

Hello,

The good way of doing this would be to integrate in the common.js file some JavaScript code to detect if the visitor is using an iPad/iPhone or a Desktop browser, by guessing from the User Agent. This could be done by checking the status of the Window.MB variable which holds the value for browser if they are mobile or not.
Olivier
TSplus support team administrator

DamianS

Post by DamianS » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:01 pm

Ok, but your earlier suggestion to the HTML5 page does not work. It throws an error.
Damian C. Stalls
Senior IT Engineer